In a bid to add to my naughty but actually healthy recipe collection, i made these very yummy cookies. This really isn’t even a recipe, its me telling you to mix two ingredients together for a sweet satisfaction that you don’t have to feel guilty about.
2 ripe bananas
1 cup of quick cook oats
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mash the ripe bananas and add the oats. If you prefer you can blitz the oats in a food processor until the oats is the consistency of flour. I didn’t do this but will give it a go the next time i make them which will probably be this week.
3. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Drop large tablespoons of cookie dough onto baking sheet, flatten a little. They do not spread or rise, so place them in the shape you want them.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm-ish.
Now, its important to keep in mind that the texture and taste of these cookies is not necessarily the same as traditional cookies. They are soft and chewy.
– if you want to spice it up you can try adding something extra to them….the possibilities are endless:
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter chips
- peanut butter
- dried cranberries
- chopped walnuts, almonds, pecans or peanuts